North American Report

Music Beats Cancer Revels Challenge Winners

 Breaking News
  • No posts were found

Music Beats Cancer Revels Challenge Winners

December 08
16:44 2021
Music Beats Cancer Revels Challenge Winners
First-place winner Max M, a pop artist, raised $6,200 and will get his music video featured on the jumbotron at the iHeart Jingle Ball 2021.
Music Beats Cancer revealed the two winners of its latest crowdfunding Challenge and raised $30,016 to help fund biomedical innovations addressing cancer.

Music Beats Cancer, the 501(c)3 US nonprofit that raises funds for cancer-fighting solutions, announced the two winners of its latest crowdfunding Challenge. First-place winner Max M, a French pop artist, raised $6,200, and second-place winner Nobody Famous, a group of country/folk musicians from across the U.S., raised $6,005.

Thirty-five artists from around the world were selected to participate in the exclusive contest from more than 800 hopeful entrants. In total, they raised $30,016, which will help fund biomedical innovations addressing cancer.

Music Beats Cancer’s mission is to increase the number of cancer-fighting technologies in the product-development pipeline so that more solutions make it to those in need. Right now, only 10% of biotechs are supported by 90% of investment capital. That leaves 90% of start-ups working on life-saving biomedical technologies to vie for the remaining 10% of capital. As a result, too many great ideas for detecting, monitoring, preventing, and curing cancer never make it to patients. Music Beats Cancer is changing this through its partnership with independent artists who participate in fundraising challenges.

In the current challenge, the two highest fundraisers, Max M and Nobody Famous, will each get their music video featured on the jumbotron at the iHeart Jingle Ball 2021 at Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C., on December 14, 2021. These 30-second spots will be shown in-between celebrity acts, which will include Jonas Brothers, Doja Cat, Megan Thee Stallion, and Black Eyed Peas. Music Beats Cancer will be the designated charity for the event alongside the Ryan Seacrest Foundation.

“This competition is a true demonstration of the power of music,” said Dr. Mona Jhaveri, founder of Music Beats Cancer. “Our two winners raised funds with their fans and communities because they have both endured the burden of cancer through people they love. Our purpose has become their purpose.”

“My grandfather passed away from cancer,” said Max M. “That’s why it’s really important to me to raise money for cancer research.”

“Nobody Famous seeks to touch the hearts and minds of the traveler in everyone by inspiring them to follow their dreams and be the change they wish to see in the world,” a spokesperson for Nobody Famous commented. “Everyone must do their part to make the world a better place.”

The Challenge launched November 8, 2021, 9:00 AM EST and ended at 11:59 PM EST on November 26.

This contest was operated and owned by Music Beats Cancer and was not an iHeartRadio contest. All rules and regulations of the FCC were followed. Funds received before or after the competition period are NOT counted towards the Challenge. No donations will be refunded.

All funds raised through the Music Beats Cancer Challenge support the Community Mega Fund, a fund that matches, dollar for dollar, donations made to the cancer-fighting campaigns.

#MusicBeatsCancer #iHeartRadio #JingleBall #JonasBrothers #DojaCat #MeganTheeStallion #BlackEyedPeas

For more information, interviews, and other media requests, please contact [email protected] and visit Music Beats Cancer.

Media Contact
Company Name: Otter Public Relations
Contact Person: David Watkins
Email: Send Email
Phone: 800-648-6854
Country: United States
Website: otterpr.com